Field Service Engineer, North America – Richardson, Texas
This position is responsible for installing & commissioning Picosun Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) tools as well as providing on-site service support to customers in diagnosing and repairing hardware issues and basic software issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install and commission tools according to Picosun company standards.
- Provide on-site technical support which will include highly hands-on troubleshooting, tool repair, and preventative maintenance.
- Ability to travel within the US up to 80% of the time. International travel (Europe and Asia) may be required for training and customer assistance.
- Complete multiple tasks at-hand with minimal direction. This includes scheduling and prioritizing tasks at hand.
- Provide informative daily and post-visit reports.
- Document support and servicing activities in the ticketing system.
- Communicate and work with service and support, sales, and applications team within Picosun.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in collaborating with key customer personnel.
- Minimum of Associates degree in a technical field with at least 5 years semiconductor work experience. Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience in performing semiconductor manufacturing tool installations, commissioning, and/or providing repair service.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and diagnosing complex mechanical issues.
- Ability to perform hands-on mechanical work and exhibit willingness to learn.
- Apply a wide degree of resourcefulness and task ownership.
- Excellent skills in time management as well as in both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lift parts greater than 50 lbs.
- Experience working with cluster tools with automated wafer handling is preferred.
- Experience working with vacuum systems is a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Ability to exhibit respect and professionalism in working with all organization levels of both customer companies and within Picosun.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations.
Physical demands of the position
- Ability to lift 50lbs. on a regular basis and occasionally, 50-70lbs.
- The job requires extended periods of standing along with reaching with hands and arms, climbing, balancing, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and crawling.
- Work while wearing a smock and gloves inside a cleanroom.
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com. For heading/subject please write Field Service Engineer – USA.
For additional information, you may contact Teemu Törmänen, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 40 577 9973.