Service Manager, North America – Richardson, Texas
Picosun is now looking for a Service Manager to be responsible for coordinating services and support between the headquarters, our subcontractors and the regional resource team in North America. The manager will be responsible for following through the completion of new system installations as well as other duties including follow up with customers on preventive maintenance scheduling, manage local cases from the helpdesk, negotiate sales of services and spares, and build positive long-term relationships with customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for service and support, upgrades, and spare parts sales for North America customers
- Manage and coordinate field service engineers performing repair, maintenance and installation services on a daily basis
- Coordinate service and support activities between sales and applications team within Picosun
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination within Picosun
- Oversee the direction and development of service contracts and direct support services
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of service and support responsibility
- Install and commission tools, on as needed basis, according to Picosun company standards
- Document, track and complete support and servicing activities in the internal ticketing system
- Develop methods and guidelines to facilitate pre- and post-installation of Picosun ALD systems
- Provide remote and on-site technical support with troubleshooting issues, tool repair, and preventative maintenance cases
- Forecast support contracts, spare parts sales, and maintenance visits for key account customers
- Provide weekly reports based on service and support activities and strategic directions for service team
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in collaborating with key customer personnel
- Ability to travel within the US between 50+% of the time. International travel (Europe and Asia) may be required for training and customer assistance
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field with at least 5 years semiconductor work experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in performing semiconductor manufacturing tool installations, commissioning, and maintenance services
- Minimum 3+ years of managerial experience preferred
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations
- Experience in managing a team of field service engineers
- Expertise in troubleshooting and diagnosing complex mechanical issues
- Ability to perform hands-on mechanical work and exhibit willingness to learn
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and task ownership
- Excellent skills in time management as well as in both written and verbal communication
- Experience in working with cluster tools with Brooks Automation wafer handling is preferred
- Experience in working with semiconductor vacuum systems
- Demonstrate respect and professionalism in customer-company relationship and within Picosun
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
Physical demands of the position
- Ability to lift 50lbs. on a regular basis and occasionally, 50-70lbs.
- The job requires extended periods of standing along with reaching with hands and arms, climbing, balancing, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and crawling.
- Work while wearing a smock and gloves inside a cleanroom.
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For heading/subject please write Service Manager – USA. For additional information, you may contact Dr. Wilfredo Cabrera, email@example.com, +1 214 790 0844.